• Song Joong Ki Talks About the Late Lee Sun Kyun’s Touching Role in "My Mister" – “It Gave Me So Much Comfort”

    Song Joong Ki opened up about the late Lee Sun Kyun’s role in the drama My Mister during a recent appearance on KBS 2TV’s The Seasons - Lee Young-ji’s Rainbow, and it left everyone emotional.

    On the January 10 episode, Song Joong Ki was a guest on the music program, where he shared his thoughts about the impact My Mister had on him. He started by saying, “I’m nervous, but it’s an honor. Honestly, this studio isn’t unfamiliar to me. It feels like home, and I hosted Music Bank 10 years ago. I also did live broadcasts for two years." He added, “Back then, I wasn’t nervous, but since this is a music program, I feel a bit tense.”

    When asked about his music preferences, Song Joong Ki said, “My wife learned about Korean culture through me and started listening to it. I like music by Jannabi. I often play it in the car, almost like a habit. My wife’s favorite song is ‘For Hesitant Lovers’ by Jannabi. I also like songs by Kwak Jin-eon. I end up listening to what I like, and even though I don’t understand the lyrics, I still enjoy it.”

    Then, he got more personal, saying, “When I want comfort or when I want to lean on someone, I watch My Mister. It’s the song ‘The Reflection of Myself in My Heart’ that Kwak Jin-eon remade. It’s a drama that gave me a lot of comfort.”

    Song Joong Ki’s mention of My Mister was especially touching because it features Lee Sun Kyun, who passed away on December 27, 2023, at the age of 48. Lee Sun Kyun had been found dead in his vehicle near Waryong Park in Seoul.

    The late actor had been under investigation for drug-related charges starting in October 2022, but after a forensic investigation, the results were negative, and his case was closed. He passed away before any prosecution took place.

    Song Joong-ki’s heartfelt tribute to Lee Sun Kyun through My Mister shows just how much the drama and the late actor meant to him. His comments on the show have touched fans, as it shows a deeper, emotional side of the actor beyond his role in dramas.

    Source (1)

  • 'Squid Game' star Oh Young Soo seeks to clear his name, but prosecutors demand one year in prison over molestation case

    Actor Oh Young Soo, best known for his role in Squid Game, is still denying the charges against him in the ongoing appeal of his forcible molestation case.

    The actor, who was accused of molesting a female theater troupe member in 2017, continues to fight the accusations despite the prosecution's request for a one-year prison sentence.

    During the appeal hearing on April 3rd at the Suwon District Court, the prosecution argued that Oh had not been forgiven by the victim. They emphasized that he was still denying the charges, calling the victim's claims false.

    The prosecution insisted on a heavy sentence, stating that Oh, a veteran actor with over 50 years of experience, sexually assaulted a powerless trainee, leaving her to live in constant fear, including at her workplace.

    In his final defense statement, Oh’s lawyer questioned the victim’s testimony, calling it inconsistent and contradictory.

    The defense argued that the guilty verdict in the first trial was largely due to an apology message Oh sent to the victim after the success of Squid Game.

    According to the defense, the victim asked for an apology unexpectedly, and Oh made it to prevent harm to the show's producers and cast.

    Oh himself also spoke in court, expressing deep regret over the situation. “I feel ashamed to be standing in court at this age", he said.

    "If my actions were wrong and considered a crime, I will accept the consequences. However, I still believe that what I did cannot be considered molestation”.

    He added, “My 80 years of life have collapsed. It’s overwhelming. Please let me return to my place".

    The victim’s lawyer responded, saying that the defendant had only caused more harm by claiming his actions were out of "fatherly feelings" and had shown no sincere remorse.

    They urged the court to ensure justice and prevent similar incidents in the future, especially in the theater industry.

    Oh was charged with forcibly molesting the victim twice in 2017, once on a walking path when he hugged her, and again when he kissed her on the cheek in front of her home.

    Despite denying the accusations, the first trial found him guilty, sentencing him to eight months in prison with two years of probation.

    Both the prosecution and defense have filed appeals, with the prosecution seeking a longer sentence and the defense challenging the facts and the original sentence.

    The next hearing is scheduled for June 3rd, where the court will continue to deliberate on the case.

    Source: [1]