• NewJeans’ Moms Speak Out — “Chairman Bang Ignores My Kid, HYBE’s CEO Promises Long Break Post-Tokyo Dome”

    In the midst of escalating tensions between HYBE and its label ADOR, the mother of a NewJeans member, known only as Ms. A, voiced her concerns in a phone interview with Ilgan Sports. “It’s distressing that our email has led to this situation,” she lamented.

    On April 25, the day of ADOR CEO Min Hee Jin’s press conference, Ms. A and two other NewJeans moms visited HYBE. “We hoped to mediate between HYBE and ADOR,” she shared.

    HYBE CEO Park Ji-won arrived late to the meeting, and the mothers were shown evidence of CEO Min’s alleged wrongdoings.

    The NewJeans parents had previously emailed ADOR about plagiarism concerns involving a new group from HYBE’s sub-label, Belift Lab.

    Ms. A denied allegations that they were influenced by CEO Min to send the emails. “HYBE showed us messages from ADOR’s Vice President, which was shocking,” she revealed.

    She also shared her confusion when friends mistook another group’s concept photos for NewJeans due to striking similarities. “We asked CEO Min about it,” she said.

    Ms. A expressed disappointment over HYBE Chairman Bang Si Hyuk’s lack of acknowledgment towards NewJeans. “One member even shared an elevator with him, but he didn’t respond to their greeting,” she disclosed.

    HYBE personnel suggested that Chairman Bang might have face blindness. “But can’t he still hear? Wouldn’t you normally respond to a greeting even if you can’t recognize the person?” Ms. A pondered.

    CEO Park assured the NewJeans parents that despite CEO Min’s absence, HYBE could manage the upcoming Tokyo Dome event. He also promised a long vacation for NewJeans afterwards.

    “We made it clear to HYBE that we want NewJeans to continue with CEO Min,” Ms. A emphasized, expressing concerns about the group’s future without CEO Min.

    A senior HYBE official clarified that a long vacation doesn’t mean a hiatus. “HYBE is committed to supporting NewJeans to become top artists,” the official stated, dismissing claims of a potential hiatus as a malicious play by CEO Min.

    Regarding embezzlement allegations against CEO Min, the official said, “There is a lot of evidence, and everyone will understand HYBE’s sincerity when it is presented in court.”

    Source(1)

  • BTS' Jin visits Andong to help wildfire victims, serves meals at Baek Jong Won’s relief center

    BTS member Jin has touched hearts once again with his kind gesture to support those affected by wildfires.

    On April 3, Jin visited Gilan Middle School in Gilan-myeon, Andong, to serve meals to disaster victims and firefighters. His actions brought much-needed comfort to the people in the area.

    Gilan Middle School is where celebrity chef Baek Jong Won, a close friend of Jin, has been running a free meal service through his company, The Born Korea.

    Since March 28, The Born Korea has been providing meals for the wildfire victims, preparing 300 to 700 servings each time to ensure that the affected people and firefighters receive warm food.

    Jin quietly made his way to Andong, a region that suffered extensive damage from the wildfire, to lend a helping hand.

    Big Hit Music, Jin’s agency, shared, “Jin wanted to provide even a small amount of help to those affected by the wildfires, which is why he decided to participate in this volunteer activity.”

    This heartwarming gesture follows BTS's large donations for wildfire recovery efforts. Jungkook donated a whopping 1 billion KRW, while V gave 200 million KRW, and RM, J-Hope, and Suga each contributed 100 million KRW to aid in the recovery.

    Source: [1]